Running Great Workshops
Friday 8th and Saturday 9th December 2017, Edinburgh
Training and facilitation skills are key to successful organising, campaigning and movement building. This 2-day participatory workshop is designed to give you the skills you need to feel confident facilitating empowering learning experiences.
As a participant you will:
- Develop awareness of yourself and your strengths as a facilitator;
- Have the opportunity to take risks, experiment and refine skills in a safe and supportive environment;
- Understand the key principles of effective workshop design and experiential education methods;
- Acquire new tools to increase your options as a facilitator;
- Gain confidence by receiving feedback from experienced trainers and other participants in a small group setting;
- Learn skills for working with diverse learners.
Join us for this dynamic training designed for experienced facilitators wanting to get fresh insights, new trainers seeking ideas and inspiration, teachers, community organisers, campaigners, activists and anyone wanting to take their skills to a new level.
When? Friday 8th & Saturday 9th December 2017, 9.30am – 5.30pm both days.
Where? The training will be in an accessible venue in central Edinburgh. Once we confirm your place we will send out further details.
How much does it cost? We operate a sliding scale for participating in our workshops:
- Individuals from funded organisations, large charities & NGOs with a training budget: £300
- Individuals from smaller charities and NGOs with very limited funds: £150
- Waged individuals: £80
- Students and unwaged individuals: £50
If you can afford to pay more it allows us to offer more spaces for those who cannot.
If cost would be prohibitive to your participation, please get in contact to arrange a subsidised or free place. We want our workshops to be accessible to everyone.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November to reserve a space and put ‘Running Great Workshops’ in the subject line. Spaces are limited.