Get their take on what makes a great workshop: our Grassroots Trainers’ Network colleagues at Tripod are organising a useful workshop in Edinburgh.
Contact us if you’d like a similar workshop run by us and tailored for your needs where you are based. We would bring our extensive experience to bear, designing workshop packages on a national level such as for Co-operatives UK, designing Train the Trainers courses adapted for a variety of sectors, and running facilitation skills workshops for a range of organisations.
Training and facilitation skills are key to successful organising, campaigning and movement building. This 2-day participatory workshop is designed to give you the skills you need to feel confident facilitating empowering learning experiences.
As a participant you will:
- Develop awareness of yourself and your strengths as a facilitator;
- Have the opportunity to take risks, experiment and refine skills in a safe and supportive environment;
- Understand the key principles of effective workshop design and experiential education methods;
- Acquire new tools to increase your options as a facilitator;
- Gain confidence by receiving feedback from experienced trainers and other participants in a small group setting;
- Learn skills for working with diverse learners.
Join us for this dynamic training designed for experienced facilitators wanting to get fresh insights, new trainers seeking ideas and inspiration, teachers, community organisers, campaigners, activists and anyone wanting to take their skills to a new level.
When? Friday 23rd & Saturday 24th March 2018, 9.00am – 5.30pm both days.
Where? An accessible venue in central Edinburgh – further details upon registering.
How much does it cost? We operate a sliding scale for participating in our workshops:
- Individuals from funded organisations, large charities & NGOs with a training budget: £300
- Individuals from smaller charities and NGOs with very limited funds: £150
- Waged individuals: £80
- Students and unwaged individuals: £40
If you can afford to pay more it allows us to offer more spaces for those who cannot.
If cost would be prohibitive to your participation, please get in contact to arrange a subsidised or free place. We want our workshops to be accessible to everyone.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th February to reserve a space.