NEON’s Movement Builders, Glasgow – application deadline midnight, Sun 4th Feb
Rhizome tip: there’ll be ace organisers there for you to meet, and you might end up singing!
NEON’s Movement Builders programme is a 5 day intensive training course for people working towards big systemic change. Half theory, half practical tools, this five day course puts you in a room with 30 organisers across your region to think about the role of movements in leading change and learn from the world’s most effective groups, leaving you with analysis and tactics to apply to your own organising work. The training will be focused around four core themes:
- Context and analysis: where are we, how did we get here and what roles do social movements and other forms of organising play in creating change?
- Strategy: What are the key building blocks of creating change? From thinking through our vision for the world to choosing the right tools and tactics to get there.
- Story: what role does storytelling play in creating change and how can we take control of the narratives around our movements?
- Structure: How can we organise ourselves to bring about change in our movements and groups? And how might the structures we build around our work bolster or disrupt our ability to achieve change?
Cost: Fees for Movement Builders operate on a sliding scale:
- Grassroots/Unpaid Organiser: Free
- Small Org (annual budget circa £100k): £250
- Medium Org (annual budget circa £500k): £500
- Large Org (annual budget circa £2m+) £1000